Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Annamaria, Grave Rubbing Art Quilt


(Above: Annamaria, A Grave Rubbing Art Quilt. Crayon on silk rubbing, vintage linens, buttons, hand and free-motion machine embroidery.)

This the first time I've ever included the name and dates. It is also the first time the rubbing came from a relative's grave....well, not a "blood relative". Annamaria was my Aunt Margaret's sister. Aunt Margaret married my Dad's older brother, my Uncle Mathias....for whom my elder son is named. (They had no children.)

The grave is in the little town of Udvari, Hungary....a place I visited with my Mom, Dad, and sister Wanda this past summer (2010).


(Above: Annamaria, reverse.)

Some of these vintage linen pieces on the reverse were given to me by Connie Akers in Texas. To read more about this Grave Rubbing Art Quilt with additional images that can be enlarged, please click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment