Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Memory


(Memory. Grave Rubbing Art Quilt. 2008. 24 1/2" x 32 1/2". Grave rubbings in crayon on silk. Hand and machine embroidered.)

This second quilt in the series was finished early in December 2008. It was later accepted into the all-media national art exhibition at the Imperial Art Center in Rocky Mount, NC.


In December I wrote: Obviously, I'm still under the spell of the kantha cloth and all the textural surfaces created by their simple running stitches. I've been working on this quilt for several weeks....hand-stitching every night before I go to bed. I don't seem to want the edges bound....just raw with the blanket stitch. I feels right to me.

To visit the December 2008 blog post with images that can be "clicked on" for enlargement, please go HERE!

(Above and below: Additional details of Memory.)

No comments:

Post a Comment